Saturday, November 22, 2008

"Slow Down"


"Niggas run past what they need, chasing after what they want..." (Talib Kweli)


In life we are so busy trying to obtain what seems impossible at the moment, instead of just stopping to smell the roses. As humans, we live in the moment and when we see something we want, we try to do what it takes to have it. I say we turn over a new leaf and put that same energy and drive into developing patience and wisdom. The patience to seek those things when the time comes, and the wisdom to know when that time is. How many people have ever seen a shirt they like, or a coat, or some electronic gizmo, and drooled over it some much and said "forget it, I'm buying it!", knowing thats rent money? And then 2 months later, its on sale or some other gadget comes out thats better than what you have and now you want it? Yeah, see thats what happens when God pulls you over for speeding. I am a victim too so do not feel bad. Plus it could be worse. But there is a time and place to obtain the things we desire, and a time to just be thankful for what we do have, and sometimes, just settle for what we need. And let me be the first to tell you, the grass is DEFINITELY greener on the other side. Sometimes we get the things we so called "can't live without" just to find out its not even close to what we were lusting over it for.


Its 4:40 in the morning and I am awake thinking about the things I am chasing after, when I need to be grateful for what I have. One of the things I am lusting over, chasing after, and sometimes suffering over, is the one thing I need to be MOST patient about. I pray God that you instill that patience I need in me and you reveal to me what is on the "agenda" for the subject. But I ask these things be done according to Your will and they be presented to me in a time that You feel is appropriate for me. Until then, BE PATIENT. I am MORE than grateful for what I do have, and I thank God that I have it. But its one of those things that I think I can't live without, when really, I live because of it.

2 comments:

LoveTeiaB said...

I could never hear enough words on Patience... I lack it in all aspects of life and has to be reminded all the time to have it.

I pray everyday for patience because anybody who know me knows that i'm a "live wire" and like to make things happen right a way. I would like to lose these extra 20 pounds I gained in a year in two weeks and get discourage when I dont see any results after a couple of intense workouts. I would like to find a new job in a week and cry when I don't get any callbacks for positions I really desire, and there is so so so much more. I know these things will happen if I just be patient and dilligent. Thanks for the "Patience" blog entry. I tihink i'm just going to slow down but right now i'm about to go workout.

Myron Robert said...

Thank you so much Teia. I am the same way so you are not alone!