Saturday, November 8, 2008

"Age aint nothin but a number"


I am going to be a little long today. But the question was brought to me by someone who loves a person a bit older than them. Not a whole lot like 47 and 19, but a few years. Like seven. They want to know if its true, or am I being played by an older, more experienced lover? Does love have an age? The answer is tough. Love has no name, no age, no stereotype. It is what it is.

Take me for example, first woman I ever loved that was not puppy love, is Sydney Simone Searls. Her beauty mixed with my curiosity is what captured me initially. I thought she was angel from heaven. We fell for each other because of what we offered each other, loyalty. She loved me with all of her strength, and it showed in her every action towards me. And in return, I was there for her in the same way without question. Sydney was younger than me though, and was still growing up, as was I. But no one can tell me what we had wasn’t real. Over time that love had more meaning, more responsibility, more substance all around, and we grew fond of each other. We embraced every moment with each other we could, and learned the fundamentals of what it means to love someone.

But then take Kathryn, the first person I loved with a little bit of maturity. She was older than me and brought knowledge to the relationship, along with beauty as well. She was head strong and ambitious, something I could never contain. What attracted me to her honestly was lust. Yes lust. But the reversal is what attracted her to me was my determination. I was around her 24/7. I was whispering sweet nothings in her ear trying to get her attention, and I got it. But it was not an easy task. What kept us together was a somewhat equal balance of being friends and lovers. Sometimes you could tell we were a couple, other times you thought we were best friends. Either way, we acted the same to each other. And we spent a lot of time together, and we never took that time for granted. With her, I learned the fundamentals of dating your best friend.

And then there is Mi Amor. A person who is beyond all barriers, exceeds every standard, and doesn’t play by the rules. She is a person I met by chance, but I was not ready for what was being gift wrapped for me. It’s kind of like when you see the packaging for your Christmas gifts as a child, but you are not sure exactly what was bought. What attracted me to her initially was her comedian personality. Only woman to ever seriously make me laugh to tears! From there it went from laughs to cries to rebuking spirits to renewing my faith with God. Too much has happened with this woman. That’s because she is the first person I have ever loved spiritually.

Now all these women are different ages, at different times in my life, and yet none of them I am actually with today. So it doesn’t matter about how old they are or if I felt the love to be true, ending is the same. The difference with all of them was the maturity level they were at. The standard they held themselves at. The decisions they made. So age is nothing but a number. It is a condition people stress on love, when love should be unconditional.

2 comments:

Annitra said...

I really liked this post it was super deep son!!!!

Myron Robert said...

lol thanks annitra. i am feeling the love and the support. i need you, thank you.