Thursday, November 13, 2008

"Afterthoughts" - Before I Say 'I Do' Pt 9


I want to make one thing clear. This is not a hand guide on how to make a marriage work. I wrote this for stimulation purposes. I want us all to get a better understanding of what it means to marry, not the means in which to carry it out.

There are a few more things to think about in marriage, and one of them is “definition.” What is the true definition behind your conduct between one another? What is your true definition behind your words? What is the true definition that drives your love? These are all questions to ask yourself before you select your running mate, or even when you have selected them, but definitely before you say ‘I Do.’ When it comes to conduct, start exercising the platinum rule, “Treat others how THEY want to be treated.” With speech, it has more substance to say, “I would die for you”, than to say, “I would die without you.” Just ask Jesus. The motivating force behind your love is how you want to be treated and spoken to in your “Love Language.” “(Read the book, “the 5 love languages” to understand more)

Last thing is trials and tribulations. Arguments should not separate you and your running mate, it should bring you closer. Closer to understanding the individual, closer to your mate understanding you. Learning the differences between each other, and the similarities. Learning how we express what we mean, and how we interpret what you say. We disagree with everyone on something, so its nothing to cry over. Its all about what that something is and how often it surfaces. I know its hard to come across someone who you think is attractive, is intelligent, and all that jazz. But I leave you with one absolution, the moment you stop looking is the moment you find what you are seeking.

No comments: