Sunday, November 9, 2008

"Choosing A Running Mate" - Before I Say 'I Do' Pt 5


We have to be ready for our running mate sent by God. A friend of mine was saying “I have to fight this feeling I have for a guy I know! I am not ready for it! Is that evil?” I thought to myself, “Deep question. It may seem like you are evil, but what you are really doing is preventing a good thing from turning evil. This is due to you not being ready to treat it like the good thing it is.” Same is true with everyone and God’s choice for us. We have to be ready for it.

But before God shows us our running mate, we have to have our spiritual agenda. Your spiritual agenda is like Obama’s economic plan for the country. Only difference is, it’s not about just improving yourself, it’s about devoting yourself to God’s will and making yourself a vessel unto him. And your running mate will be the earthly support to help bring you closer to that destiny. Though you and your running mate have different paths as far as what your part to play is on the stage of life, it should still all be done to edify God.

I am using a political simile of the Obama and Biden campaign because they should have the same democratic agenda. Obama took his time picking his running mate, getting all kind of confirmation before introducing him to America. Now I don’t know what the process of elimination Obama used to pick Biden, but I am sure it was a difficult and strenuous one. This is the same thing God puts us through.

The importance of me bringing up the matter is that Biden is not trying to replace Obama, but simply be the backbone of his ambitions of becoming president. Once there, he will be in the shadows just in case, while Obama works with his presidential cabinet on improving America. In our case, God is our presidential cabinet and we are the Commander and Chief of our environment.

* Genesis 2:21 – 25; Genesis 39:2-9; Acts 15:29; I Corinthians 6:18, 10:13; Jude 24-25; Matthew 6:1-4; Galations 5:16-24

1 comment:

LoveTeiaB said...

I couldn't have said it better. You did a lot of posts... next time keep me updated! But lowkwy I'm on "CLOUD 9" reading all this!