Thursday, October 16, 2008

"Monique Disrobed" Confidence Pt 2


The much anticipated revisiting of Confidence. Confidence is not needing confirmation from others to know something is true. Confidence doesn’t deal with just relationships, you should be confident in every area of your life. Let’s look at it from the relationship standpoint. We will look at others in the future.

So my wife to be Monique (lol) came to me wanting more about the subject because she had her own opinion and wanted to hear more about her idea of confidence. She writes, “I feel that the improving [of] one's confidence is just one step in improving their self-esteem. I really think it is important to look into a person's background and found out what is or was going on in their life that got them to that point.” Well Monique, you are absolutely right. She also goes on to say, “I was told things like I was fat and ugly, I had big lips and frizzy hair, and was really pale almost everyday, so that is what I began to believe. I found myself involved with many of the men that knew to how to prey [on] and take advantage of girls like me.” This is where is begins, by holding value in the words of people who don’t matter. What’s ironic is, these people actually like you! They want what you possess. They will take the things they like most about you and actually turn it into a weapon out of jealousy, or as a form of control. If a guy has Monique thinking she is ugly and no one will like her but him, then Monique will mess with this guy because she thinks he is right!

Let me set the record straight real quick, Monique is gorgeous, which is why her picture is in the posting. She has the sexiest smile ever put on a human being. But where would she be if she continued to believe that other nonsense about herself? I don’t know, sitting in a one bedroom apartment complaining about being lonely! Still being run over by guys, telling the whole world about how “Men ain’t s**t.” No thank you!

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program. Growing up, we should hold dear the things our loved ones tell us, or at least the people important. Like your mother, your father, your aunts, uncles, cousins, sisters, grandmothers, even TRUE bestfriends. The people who actually matter. It will help you build a strong foundation within yourself, so that when those haters come along, you will be deep-rooted in love and you can withstand the “wiles of the Devil.” (Ephesians 6:11,12 KJV) Meaning, the people who talk down about you simply just have the spirit of jealousy in them and it needs to be removed from them. So to the people doing the talking, be mindful of your audience. You never know what ideas or feelings they receive from listening to your act.

If you are already an adult and you are still experiencing those things, where are the people who are positive around you? Listen to them. Believe in what they tell you about yourself. Start looking in the mirror and saying “ I am somebody.” Start dressing according to your size and believe that you look good in what you are wearing. Walk with your head above your shoulders and not between your legs like the tail of a dog when he is sad. Hang out with people, be socialable! All this will equal a new found self-esteem that no one can take from you. And with this new self-esteem, that guy/girl you been wanting to gaze in your direction, before you know it, he/she is by your side, smiling at you.

Tune in next time for more…

1 comment:

Never_Alone said...

You know what is so funny as a child I was treated the same way called half breed, skin and bones, tanlge head (my hair was curly) and so much more. My self esteem was shot and I tried to do something drastic. I changed my mind on that, But I realized that "we bring ourselves down and build our self up with disappointment."(Gym Class Heroes) We need to realize how fragile we are and find some one who is not so prone to break.

"So take a step back,let a breath in, let it out now, put your chin up"--GYm Class Heroes;Shoot Down The Stars

I believe that this song relates to the blog perfectly. And is also my favroite song!!!