Sunday, October 12, 2008

"If I am wrong, someone tell me please?"


Before we come back to confidence, I want to have a short interlude about another issue that has come to the table, individuality.

I will continue about confidence in ones uniqueness later, but right now there has been a question raised. What happens when individuality becomes an issue in a relationship, rather between friends or mates? Well, it can cause destruction I can tell you that, but it also be used as a tool. A tool to better understand someone, instead of disowning them. My personal issue that is on the line here is the fact that I don’t mix friends, and I don’t bring friends/girlfriends around family. Some people take that as an offense. I want to branch off that for a moment here and just focus on the friend part. When I am with my family, I am engulfed and I like to just be with my family. I like to enrich myself with their joy and love. I stay there alllllll night too. I don’t bring others along because I am going to ignore them most likely, or leave them with my talkative grandfather for an hour unconsciously. NOT FAIR AT ALL! It happens to me every time I go over someone’s house foreign, so I don’t want to put anyone else under that stress. Thing with me though is I can handle it because I am a chameleon and adapt anywhere at anytime. I may not always enjoy it, but I make the best of it and I never complain. Ever. Everyone I know though is not as patient as me on the subject, so I don’t even let that situation occur. If I am wrong, someone tell me please?

And as far as bringing a woman around, first off YOU will be interrogated! I know this for a fact because I have done some of the interrogating of my sisters boyfriends in the past, so I know! For my family to meet a woman I am dating is a BIG DEAL. HUGE DEAL. So I don’t take it lightly. The reason I am going to bring a woman around my family at this age is because she is the one. Plain and simple. Somehow word got loose to my Auntie Amy, (who has to sign off on all relationships with the young people in my family) about Mi Amor and she wants to meet her. Mi Amor is slowly making her way into my world without my permission and its crazy! She has already become best friends with my mom and turned my mom against me! So the point is, if you are not on the roster to become wifey, I am not bringing you around! If I am wrong, someone please tell me?

I am not even going to get into bringing friends around each other. I did that once three years ago and to this day two of my best friends still don’t like each other. ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE SAID ON THAT! Never happening again. If I am wrong, someone please tell me?

Someone please tell me if my judgments on these issues are selfish….

2 comments:

Space Cadet said...

Although it sounds open to interpretation, the term 'mixing friends' sounds a bit selfish to me. 'Mixing' sounds like either one friend is too different to introduce to the other, or you are less than proud of the fact that you are friends with that particular person. Either way it diminishes the worth of a true friend. It brings me to an old saying. "Tell me who your friends are.."

Never_Alone said...

Mixing friends is not selfish. it is not the fact that you are ashamed of a friend. You should know that your friends have emotions and egos, those may not mix well with others. Your friends are just that YOUR friends. You are the one in common, they don't have to be friends because they are friends with you. Lets say that you are still cool with an ex, your spouse is not that happy about that, will you invite them to your wedding. My point is, everyone has a attitude, they are approach, ambivalent, or avoid. That is how you will feel about any new person. You also know how to act like you like someone to not hurt another person feelings. O man.....I am about to blog about this!!