Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Resentment"



The question has been raised to me about having resentment towards God because He took away a family member before they wanted Him to. I am not sure how you want me to present that, so I will do it the only way I know how, truth.

Everyone has lost a family member. Ask yourself this question, when is it ever COOL to lose a family member? Or anyone for that matter! Like "Damn, I am so gald that nigga is dead!" There is never a RIGHT time for it to happen, it just happens. Rather you lose someone while they are still living, or they pass on. It hurts because you invested a part of yourself with that person and you will never see them again on this earth. How can you resent God and expect Him to be hurt from your resentment in the same way you are hurt from losing a loved one?

God heard you when you said, “God, why did you take him/her away, I needed them. They were my support.” If you listen hard enough, what God is trying to say back to you is, “You don’t need them, you need Me.” Maybe you follow the rules and regulations of this person so much you forget about Him. What if that family member was aware of this and had been praying for you all along, that God find a way to bring you closer to Him? Well, maybe He has, you just don’t know it yet.

Consider this. Have you ever stopped to think about the relationship your loved one had with God? What if they were experiencing so much pain, a pain you are involuntarily deaf to, and God decides to relieve them from it? Ever stop to think God has a plan that’s BIGGER than just you and how you feel about a situation?

It is such a selfish thought to only consider yourself in the equation of someone ELSE’S life. To think the only thing that mattered when it came to this person was the relationship you shared with them. In life, things happen we don’t agree with. And when resentment to this level is involved, its because you don’t understand why it happened.

If you take nothing else away from this message, remember this. Do not try and understand what God is doing and just have faith that it is the best thing for you in the end. Because it always is. That was the first mistake we ever made by eating the forbidden fruit because we were desiring His knowledge, and look where that left us. We damaged our souls/spirits so heavily that it took God Himself to be made flesh and take on the sins of the world as the perfect sacrifice. A sacrifice of pure, unconditional love. So next time you are feeling the pain of losing your loved one, ask God how much it hurt to see His son be crucified.

Stop cursing God for what you have lost and thank God for what He allowed you to still have. Thank God for your health, and that YOU do not have cancer. Thank God that you still have FAMILY. There are people out there who have no family due to a house fire, or some other disaster. Stop and smell the roses for a change. If anything, losing a loved one should show how frail and temporary life really is. You should learn to appreciate it, instead of crying when things don’t go your way, like the child you ONCE were.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MY... I really like this post. I lost someone I was extremely close to in May 07, the first time I ever lost anyone so close to me. I was devastated! I would hide the pain but I couldnt speak or think of her without a waterfall! Only recently I've been able to cope because I know she had a great relationship with our lord and saviour and I know that if I continue down this magnificent road I will join her in eternity.

I did ask the typical question "why" in a more subliminal way. I just would tell people "This wasn't suppose to happen." Like I can predict the future or something. But I never NEVER resented God! I instead prayed for comfort followed by a thank you. I had just started a relationship with someone I loved for over eight years and I NEVER thought we would EVER be together! He bacame my significant other a week or two before she passed... and I KNOW if he was not there.. I will probably still be in pieces. I have a relative thats currently falling to pieces because she has not coped yet. I'm now in the process of helping her cope.

If there is someone that is resenting God... don't do it! I promise the DAY you began to seek him for that comfort... it will come faster then you think. I'm about to cry.. gotta go!

~Teia B

and1 said...

I lost one of my closest cousins at the age of 12 - she was just 13. Plane crash. The pain can be suffocating. So think on this...
Paul said in Philipians 1: 20 - 24 [Amplified]:

"This is in keeping with my own eager desire and persistent expectation and hope, that...Christ (the Messiah) will be magnified and get glory and praise in this body of mine and be boldly exalted in my person, whether through (by) life or through (by) death.

For me to live is Christ [His life in me], and to die is gain [the gain of the glory of eternity].

If, however, it is to be life in the flesh and I am to live on here, that means fruitful service for me; so I can say nothing as to my personal preference [I cannot choose],

But I am hard pressed between the two. My yearning desire is to depart (to be free of this world, to set forth) and be with Christ, for that is far, far better;

But to remain in my body is more needful and essential for your sake."

Ask anyone who is with God if they want to come back - what do you think they would say? Be comforted in that WE would feel better to have them here; be certain in that we SHALL SEE them again. The death, burial, & resurrection guaranteed that.

Be encouraged.