Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"Cause, I'ma Flirt"


So a certain someone is attempting to CONFRONT me and say I play too many games. I play with women’s hearts and I end up breaking them, so I have been code named, “heartbreak hotel.” What a rude nickname! But unfortunately it may be true. I have some demons in my past, so I am definitely afraid of Karma at this point. But I still stand true to the genius revelation of Big Pun, "I'm Not A Playa, I Just Crush A Lot"

So the question has been raised where do you draw the line? When is it NOT ok to flirt? Well that’s an easy answer. I will flirt with anyone, anywhere, at anytime and think nothing of it. It’s when you begin to entertain the ideas you were originally falsely promoting is when the problem comes. It’s when you get carried away and start getting phone numbers and actually calling them. It’s when you say to your girl “I’m hanging with the fellas” knowing you going out with Stacey from Cold Stone. I was so bad, back in the ‘day day’ as Mi Amor would say, I use to replace girls names I was kickin it with with Guy names in my phone. So Kelly = Kevin. Ashley = Ashton. Sharon = Shaun. Get the picture. Man I thought I was slick!!!

Why do I flirt? I do it all mainly for entertainment. I flirt with women behind counters at registers, sales associates, waiters, all that. Makes the experience more fun and memorable while waiting in line or on my food. I am definitely a midnight story women tell their friends about. “Girl, I met this INSANE guy today at work. He was off the wall.” Rather they laugh with me or at me is irrelevant because I had fun in the process and that’s all that matters. I also do it because it helps me sell things better. So when a mother and daughter come in, I always say “you guys sisters?” The mother eats it up!!! The daughter laughs. It’s a wonderful ice breaker to get the momentum going in the sale.

But I understand the message it might send from the outside looking in. The insecurity behind the uncertainty of your motives can definitely cause some confusion with the opposite sex, especially if we are dating. This insecurity has valid reasoning, so I will not dismiss its convection. However, what about trust? Communication? If you trust me then there will be no issues. Now I am not asking you to be naïve about it, but if you don’t see me acting distant towards you, or my behavior doesn’t change, then you have nothing to worry about.

Mi Amor is rather aware that no woman comes before her so my flirting does not bother her as much. She is rather cocky about the situation if I might say so, that there is not a woman out there that competes with her and my love for her. And trust me, she communicates that to me very well!

So does it really all boil down to confidence? Sure does. That’s why you see the ugliest guys with the baddest girls. They all have confidence in themselves and women see that. Be confident that you, as my girlfriend, have my hearts undivided attention. And that’s what matters most. Unless Christina Millian comes along, then you might have a problem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very well put. I love the whole trust and communication without being Naive spill!