Monday, April 20, 2009

"Moving Mountains"


While being in a class once, the teacher made a very clear and concise presentation on the meaning of faith. Let me tell you the story...


"Class, I would like to demonstrate to you the meaning of faith. Take this rubber ball in my hand. Its soft, squishy, and when it is exherted by force against a dense object, it bounces. As so (Teacher displays the ball's ability to bounce.) So now that you know this ball can bounce, Myron, would you mind displaying the fact that it can bounce again for the class." I attempt to bounce the ball, but it doesn't bounce. There is confusion written all on my face. I look at the teacher for an explanation.


"There it is ladies and gentleman. Faith. The moral of the story is not that fact that the ball did not bounce when I gave it to him. In fact, I switched the balls and gave Myron a different one that doesn't bounce. Whats important is Myron just knew, without the shadow of a doubt that when he threw the ball it would bounce. No questions asked. He knew it, he believed it. He witnessed it before. That is faith and how it should be. Its what God wants. For you to believe in him blindly and to trust he will do what he says he will do. God is the ball, which is the instrument of faith or reason to believe it to be true, while the bible and our every day lives is the proof that the ball bounces."


This story came to me while I was preparing to fall asleep last night. Yes I made it up, but I hope it was as powerful for you as it was for me. God will deliver everything he promised, even if sometimes you reach out to make the ball bounce and it doesn't. That's because we need to move on God's time and not our own. The moment you rush God or begin to doubt him is when the ball doesn't bounce. And that's because its a trick of the enemy, an imitation ball. Just like how the teacher switched balls on me in the dream, the enemy will make something look like God, but it aint. So check the content for its authenticity. Then you will know why some rubber balls just aren't bouncing back like they are suppose too.

No comments: