Sunday, April 12, 2009

"Love is Blind" - Pt 2


First off,  you must/will be equally yoked when God joins you together.

As an example of NOT being equal, I was talking to my brother-in-law yesterday and he was telling me a story of his ex from some years ago. One day they were hungry and he requested pancakes. Pancakes being an easy request, she got right on it. As she was cooking the pancakes, she ended up making mistakes and messing the pancakes. So instead of starting over again and trying a new approach, she pouted like a child, threw the pancakes and the PAN in the garbage and told him with an attitude, "We aint having no pancakes today."

Now I will give you a moment to stop laughing (I know I was) and lets look at the big picture of that. Her actions/attitude was a DIRECT reflection of her inner core. It was clear that she does not handle pressure well and when things do not go her way, she scraps the whole idea and gives up. Who wants to be married to that?

I fear some of you will Question the title of the entry seeing as how the focus is not necessarily love, but of unconditionally loving God so much you have blind faith in him. Some have requested that I go into more detail about the love itself. At this moment I have no bible verses to back up what I am saying, so just take it as a life experience I am speaking on.

Unconditional love has come to me as loving without prejudice. It's a blind love not in the idea of not seeing the truth about someone, but in fact the exact opposite, knowing all there is to know about someone and loving them anyway. This love is a hard love to accomplish and I have found that it can only produced by God and not by man. Since we are born into the flesh, we naturally only accept the people who we like, for whatever reason that may be.  Thats who we hang around, call on the phone, and attend events with. But an unconditional love runs deeper than the heart of the oceans. Stronger than the most durable metals. And more beautiful than the most precious diamonds. Now, I'm sorry, but as a human being, I can not love just anyone with that much intensity. For me, they have to earn that kind of love. And that is why God is who he is. We don't deserve a single thing, but he loved us anyway. Loved us so much he gave his only Son. Now thats a father for you. 

No comments: