Thursday, April 2, 2009

"Love is Blind"


We have all heard the saying that love is blind. But I think there are two sides of that coin. Follow me around the room for a second here...


We are accustom to the definition meaning when we are in a relationship, there are things that we don't see because we are busy falling in love. We are on this emotional roller coaster moving so fast that we miss out on the scenery surrounding the "ride" we are on. While this is still true, people do get stuck in that box, I want to talk about the mysterious definition no one speaks on. A love that God meant for us to strive for; an unconditional, trusting love.

The next question becomes, "Well, what kind of love is that then? Give me an example." I am going to give you more than an example. I am going to give you God. I was thinking about a bible verse that says "we walk by faith, and not by sight." This verse is so powerful to me I can not even begin to tell you, but here is my most solemn attempt. "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." If we are following God so faithfully, we should not even be distracted by the things around us because we can't even see it. If we put him in charge of our every step, how can we fall? Our love should be so blind that we can walk through the valley of the shadow of death and fear no evil. We can't see the foggy mist that wouldn't allow us to drive down the road because God is in the drivers seat. God guides us as if we are children, because like all children, we are disobedient and we want to do things our way. Stubborn. The enemy can place MANY distractions to try and have us falling by the wayside. Just have to trust God. 

No comments: